For our residents, experiencing changes in their lifestyle, ability, and environment due to an injury/condition/disability can have a very isolating and negative impact on life satisfaction, so it is very important to find safe, comfortable and stimulating experiences that add meaning and richness to their lives.
Our Well-Being & Activities programme encourages participation, helps reduce social isolation, whist maintaining emotional well-being. Our residents are at high risk of falling into depression as their conditions deteriorate, so it is vitally important to their health & well-being that they experience a full & active in-house social & recreational programme.
The benefits of recreation, socialisation and engagement with the world around us are well documented. For our residents, who are confined to a wheelchair and restricted to the home or immediate environment, being given the opportunity of meaningful experiences within the home will lead to greater happiness, increased self-confidence, morale and life satisfaction.
The outcomes we will be looking to achieve as a result of residents participating in our Well-Being & Activities programme are:
• Decreased levels of frustration and boredom
• Increased enjoyment of activities necessary to redeveloping a sense of self
• Improved self-esteem and sense of achievement in doing normal activities,
• Social integration within the local community
• Meaningful experiences with each other and shared interests