What Our Goals Are
The UK Polyamory Association wants to provide a support structure substantial enough to help polyamorous and consensual non-monogamous communities across the UK. Our goals are to:
- The elimination of discrimination because of relationship and family diversity. Reducing stigma and fighting marginalization against polyamorous people and providing community support;
- Promoting a culture of consent, inclusive adaptability, equity, diversity, intersectionality, and accessibility, which supports the many forms of polyamory and its community;
- Supporting legal assistance for polyamorous people and the advancement of polyamorous rights in the UK;
- Staging and promoting activities to improve the lives of of polyamorous people, including events, workshops, training courses, conferences, and more.
What We Are Fundraising For
We have set up and begun running a charity. Now we have short and long term fundraising needs to maintain the momentum we have started. We need funds for:
- Educational resources - creation of media, articles/blog spots/testimonials about polyamory, flyers, leaflets, sexual and mental health advice, lending library, etc.
- Community resources - best practice guidelines for groups, directories of polyamory health professionals, peer support, and other bespoke support;
- Legal support - fundraising for legal fees, workplace anti-harassment policies, and campaigning for legislation that recognises and supports consensual non-monogamy;
- Training - for polyamory community organisers, safeguarding guides, restorative justice training, in schools/workplaces, etc.;
- Sponsoring research around polyamory;
- Staffing - to ensure core project costs are covered and UKPA is financially viable.